“Those who rise up, their name will be remembered forever!”
Doomfist is finally here, and his abilities are going to be a game changer for the world of Overwatch. Blizzard released the official animated teaser trailer for Doomfist today, which showcases the fight between the villain and the heroes of Overwatch. In an epic clash with Genji, Tracer, and Winston, Doomfist tears the streets of Numbani apart, and almost kills Tracer before finally being stopped by Winstons rage. This is definitely one of the more exciting trailers for an Overwatch character, and was a great way to start before watching the developers update on the character.
In the developers update video, Jeff Kaplan introduces us to Doomfist and his ideals, sharing that he is one of the leaders of the evil organization Talon. Doomfists whole ideology is about strength, he believes that by making the world fight, it will grow stronger. This idea will really help to flesh out the story of the Overwatch universe, as well as give some interesting back story on the Talon organization. Doomfist will be an Offense hero, and will definitely be based more around his abilities through the Doomfist gauntlet, rather then conventional shooting with his gun.
- Primary Fire – Shotguns. Doomfist has four shotguns built into the knuckles of his gauntlet which can be used similar to how Roadhogs weapon works, but should be saved for when abilities are on cool down.
- Secondary Fire – Rocket Punch. The rocket punch will be a charge up attack, meaning the longer you hold it down, the more damage it does.
- Ability – Rising Uppercut. Doomfist will punch straight up into the air, launching himself and whatever enemy he has targeted with him.
- Ability – Seismic Slam. A targeting reticle will appear on the ground, allowing Doomfist to slam down and temporarily stun enemies while bringing them closer into range of his melee attacks. This combos well with Rising Uppercut.
- Ultimate – Meteor Strike. Doomfist will launch high into the air, allowing his to scan the battlefield with his targeting reticle. He will then slam down and knock any enemies onto the ground, similar to Reinhardt’s earth shatter. This will damage them, while leaving the vulnerable to attacks or combos.
- Passive – The Best Defense. Whenever Doomfist lands punches on enemy players, he will generate a small shield to help keep him alive. This shield will stack and continue to grow the more punches landed. The shield will deteriorate when not in combat.
Doomfist will be designed to be a flanker, with his passive ability helping to keep him alive, and will fit well into the current dive meta. There will definitely be some balancing issues to come, but hopefully these things will be mostly resolved during the PTR testing. The only obvious downside is that we didn’t get Terry Crews…
Are you excited to try out the new hero gamers? Is he different than you expected? Let us know in the comments below, or on Facebook! And don’t forget to follow Bonus Level Gaming on Facebook and Tumblr for the latest in gaming news, memes, cosplay, and more! Thanks for reading!